Friday, October 14, 2011

Augustana's "Fire" is a Very Great Song

I first discovered Augustana's "Fire" on the soundtrack of the ever-beloved and much late lamented "Friday Night Lights." More on why "Friday Night Lights" -- captured for me on Netflixs, I admit, in doses far greater at one time than any healthly man would probably want to carry -- was the greatest gift granted by television since the first few seasons of "The West Wing" some other time. I'm not sure how "Fire," which does some to reference Springsteen's "Fire" and "I'm on Fire" in a certain way and edges into Van Morrison's "Linden Arden Stole the Highlights" etc., etc. from "Veedon Fleece" happens as it does. But damned if it's not one of those songs that a person can listen to 10 or 20 times in a row without being sure if any listening will ever be enough. Here's to you fellas. That's a great, great song.

No comments: